dinsdag 12 juli 2011

Common Excuses To Not Attempt To Get Rich


The three valid reasons for not attempting to become rich are: (1) I do not wish to get rich; (2) I would lik to be rich I but I have other priorities; and (3) I am too stupid to make the attempt.

The first reason is Teflon-coated and defies challenge - but one wonders just how many who use it would turn down a surprise inheritance of, say, $10 million?

The third reason is conundrum. Those smart enough to know they are none too bright might stand a better chance in getting rich than they imagine. The rich lists of the world contain a far number of succesful but stupid enterpreneurs.

Apart from those listed above, some of which are debatable, there are no other valid reasons why you should not get rich.

In truth, most of the so-called 'reasons' for not pursuing wealth are not reasons at all; they are excuses. Pitiful alibis, half truths and self-serving evasions you have erected to spare yourself from the quiet terror of taking your own financial destiny in your hands and making your dreams concrete reality. They are the children of fear and the parents of a thousand 'if onlys'.

9 opmerkingen:

  1. The fact is that it isn't a fast way to get rich and some people just don't need to have millions to be happy so they don't go for it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I'd get rich if I knew what to do. Guess I'm in the stupid category :P

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I feel stupid too. I want to get rich but I can't seem to do it, even with seemingly thorough effort.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I think some people would rather take it easy rather then work all the time. Many people I know would rather be middle class if it means they have more time to do the things they want to do.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Totally agree. Although I'm not from a "certain" type of "selected" people, I can agree that in a capitalist society, being rich is the one thing everyone would dream of.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I think its a balance of being happy and being wealthy. Both can be self-serving but its all on the person of topic as to how much and to what extent.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I don't want to get rich because then I'd probably be dead.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. if every body is rich no one is rich

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen